Wednesday, June 18, 2014

6th Day - 16th of June - Yosemite





Today was Monday but I like to call it Funday! We got up and at 08:00AM and we hit the road. It took a while to get to Yosemite so we stopped on the way there to pee and to see a lot of turkeys (I am talking about the animal), there were also cockatoo (Araras in Portuguese) that were screaming so much! They were so scary except for my friend Kana Banana (from Japan) that dared to put her finger next to the bird's mouth. Nothing happened because we warned her and because the bird screamed right on her face so she finally got scared of it. It was pretty funny.
When we got to our destination of the day I got to experience one of the best moments of my life. The landscape was so amazing that made me wonder "Who are we?" and then my friend Flor (Argentina) and I laughed about it for 30 minutes, just kidding it was for about the rest of the day. Oh, I also took my corn rolls out because, well, just cuz'. My hair was really big but I liked it, it was kinda different.

We took group pictures with our flags and many selfies. I got to close my eyes and feel the nature, jk, there were so many tourists there! Its ok though, I loved it!

We had lunch at the picnic center. People did a nice job buying their food at Walmart, they are not like me that ended up eating breakfast for lunch. I was lucky enough to feed a squirrel with a piece of lettuce right from my hand ( that literally made my day and my exchange year, now,worth it just because of this fantastic event). There was the river right in front of us. Some people were playing football and Ninja and some others were just enjoying the sun on their skin, just getting tanner to look good on this coming summer. I got to get into the water but not because I wanted to (it was glacial cold) but because the wonderful Brazilian boys carried me into it until I got soaked. No, they are not wonderful and thank God I had clothes to change into because I wasn't wearing bathing suit. It's ok though, because it is one more story to tell to my grandkids.
It was sad to leave Yosemite, it was "so pretty" like Jonas (Germany) (Instagram: jonashiii) would say it. But we didn't have enough time to go to the waterfall (Right, Flor?). But all the sadness went away when Fred told us that dinner was buffet today. Everybody got to eat a good meal and to start the WWIII with straws and mini balls made of napkins. We got the Instagram of the waitress. I was supposed to keep her account name but I lost it, I think it was @lindseyy. Just follow her, she said she wanted more followers.

The hotel is not creepy as we were told. It is so nice! There are the pool, hot tub, wi-fi and also the most wanted: STARBUCKS.

We got to hang out at the pool and then we met at the lobby for some information about tomorrow #lasvegas.

This trip has been a lot of fun so far! Bus 1 rocks. Everyone is so nice even the Chaperones, that are supposed to be mean, are the sweetest thing (well, when they want to). Thank you guys, but first just one more thing: What it is? Wassup? Gotcha you... In the club, gosh zayam! #Exchangelifeisnotalifeitisalwaysfunday.


By Anna Luisa Lopes


No comments:

Post a Comment